Top Five Reasons You Should Cancel Your Summer Plans and Go Camping With Your Family
One of the best and cheapest family vacations year after year is camping. Though buying the equipment can be a bit of an investment, it will more than pay for itself if you compare the cost of camping to staying in a nice hotel for vacation. If you are looking for a fun and different place for your family to camp this summer, then here are a few reasons to look into Pennsylvania camping.
1. Typical campers go on as many as five camping trips during the year. When doing this, they end up traveling an average of 191 miles from their home to the campground. One of the best parts about camping is that you get to see the country without the lens of consumerism like the more cliche family vacations.
2. A family camping is a great experience for children and adults alike. Not only will the children learn new skills in a completely new environment, parents have the ability to spend time with their children that is not mitigated by technology or the trappings of more commercial vacations.
3. The American Camp Association reports that more than 60 percent of children continued new activities that they learned from camp after returning home. This is a great way for children to explore and fall in love with life long outdoor hobbies.
4. Before deciding to go on a camping adventure with younger children, your best bet will be to try a backyard campout to familiarize them with the tent and the idea of sleeping outdoors. You might also want to try cabin camping the first time you are away from home just to slowly prepare them for a proper Pennsylvania camping trip.
5. Once you find a park, keep in mind that being a good neighbor is a big part of staying at campgrounds and cabin rentals. You need to be considerate of other campers so that you have the right to expect consideration from them.