Top Five Facts You Need to Know About Vinyl
Whether you are in the market for vinyl coated fabrics, printable vinyl decals, patterned vinyl fabric, or full color vinyl banners, here are a few facts about the origins and uses of vinyl that you should probably know first.
1. Polyvinyl chloride, which is often referred to simply as PVC, was first created by the German chemist Eugen Baumann in 1872. Baumann never applied for a patent for his invention and the chemical has been used for more than a century as a result of his oversight.
2. Ddi you know that Vinyl is the second most produced plastic in the world? One of the reasons for this is because of its many and varied uses.
3. Today, there are thousands of items made from vinyl, including banners, floor mats, shower curtains, wiring, and floor tiles. More uses are being found every day.
4. Vinyl is also widely used for children’s toys because it is safe, durable, and easy to clean. There is also a huge market for collectable vinyl toys that are marked to adults.
5. Vinyl’s durability and ability to withstand the elements makes it an excellent material for outdoor signage, banners, and shade coverings.