Facts about Food Safety and its Development Over the Years
Are you looking into Haccp certification training? How much do you really know? Here are a few facts you might want to take a look at.
1. Listeria monocytogenes, Salmonella, staphylococcal enterotoxin, and E. coli O1357 H7 are all microbial hazards that are food related.
2. There are over 19,000 International Standards, and some 1,000 of them are dedicated solely to food. They cover agricultural logistics, transportation, labeling, storage, packaging, manufacturing, and machinery.
3. In 198 the BRC or British Retail Consortium responded to industry needs and both developed and then introduced a BRC Food Technical Standard, for the purpose of evaluating the brands of retailers’ food product.
4. Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point or HACCP certification and training help to ensure that food handlers use the most effective and safest practices.
5. The BRC, in league with RILA or the Retail Industry Leaders Association, came together in 2009 to create the Global Standard for Consumer Products, specifically the North America edition.
Food safety certification is a very serious undertaking, as there are many rules and regulations to make sure that the HACCP plan is followed to the utmost standards, and that means very comprehensive Haccp training must be completed. Following HACCP certification training is the exam and certification for a job well done.